Five Arrested During Undercover Drug Investigation in Worcester
Friday, September 07, 2018
Police were undercover after residents complained that drug activity had been taking place in the area.
Members of the Worcester Police Vice Squad were conducting undercover surveillance on Kingsbury Street for the past couple of days. The officers were there as the result of complaints from residents that drug activity had been frequent in the area. The surveillance produced information that a man, later identified as Angel Hernandez, 40, of 167 Pleasant Street, was conducting several street level drug transactions on Kingsbury Street and on Woodland Street and then return back to 3 Kingsbury Street. This address is well known to vice officers for past drug offenses.
On September 6, at approximately 10:30 a.m., Vice officers had once again set up surveillance. At this time they saw Hernandez leave the Kingsbury address on a bike and meet up with two women near Queen Street. The officers saw Hernandez conduct another street level drug transaction. After the transaction was completed the two women and Hernandez separated.
Officers approached the women and subsequently placed one of them, identified as Crystal Polydoris, 38-years-old of Worcester, under arrest for possession of class B substance.
Other vice officers followed Hernandez and saw him complete another street level drug transaction with a man that was later identified as David St. Germain, 36, of 1050 Main Street. After the two parted St. Germain was placed under arrest and charged with possession of class A substance.
Meanwhile, vice officers followed Hernandez back to 3 Kingsbury Street. Officers continued surveillance on the property.
Approximately 30 minutes later, Hernandez was seen leaving the apartment building once again. Officers followed Hernandez behind Pennywise Market. Officers went behind the building and noticed a visible sign that stated “No trespassing.” Officers watched as Hernandez conducted another drug transaction between two males. The men were identified as Leonard Dupont, 49-years-old of 6 Mount Pleasant Street and Alexio Rivera, 28-years-old of 381 Oxford Street, Auburn. Both men were placed under arrest and charged with possession of class A substance and trespassing.
At this time Hernandez was seen chewing and swallowing what officers believed to be heroin. Hernandez was placed under arrest and charged with 3 counts of distribution of class A substance, tampering with evidence and trespassing.
Due to the fact that Hernandez ingested an unknown amount of heroin an ambulance was called to the location to have him medically checked out. A search of Hernandez produced $272 in cash and was confiscated as proceeds to the drug transaction.
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing