Man Arrested on Gun Charges Following Argument Over Parking Spot
Wednesday, January 02, 2019
Tyrell Dudley, 30, was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, improper storage of a firearm, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm without an FID Card, possession of class B substance and a firearm violation with 3 prior violent and or drug convictions.
On Monday, December 31, 2018, at approximately 1:30 p.m., a Worcester Police officer, working out of the Operations Division, was on patrol in the area of Dorchester and Cutler Streets. At this time, the officer saw two men arguing.
One man was sitting in the passenger seat of a black SUV while the other was standing next to the vehicle. The officer also observed a Worcester Police officer (working a private detail nearby) talking to the men. The officer stopped and assisted the detail officer.
The detail officer was speaking with the man that was in the passenger seat. The man was later identified as Dudley. Dudley was yelling over the officer as he tried to deescalate the situation.
Dudley was acting in an aggressive manner.
The Operations officer spoke with the other man. The officer was told that the argument was over a parking spot. During the argument, Dudley mentioned that he had a gun and then produced a handgun and pointed it at him.
The Operations officer informed the detail officer about the possible weapon. The two officers asked Dudley to step out of the vehicle. Dudley was pat frisked for weapons. The search produced negative results. A search of the immediate grabbing area within the vehicle produced a Jiminez Arms .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun. The weapon was recovered in the glovebox which was directly in front of where Dudley was seated.
During the search for the weapon, a clear plastic baggie filled with crack cocaine was located in the center console of the vehicle.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police Investigating Vehicle Vandalism in Lincoln Street Area
- Worcester Police Investigating Break-in at Vernon Park’s Little League Field Houses
- Worcester Police Offer Series of Holiday Safety Tips
- Worcester Police Investigating Gunshots in Area of Houghton Street
- Worcester Police Dept. Awarded Grant to Reduce Impaired Driving
- Worcester Police Investigating Everard Street Home Invasion
- Worcester Police Offer Halloween Safety Tips
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- NEW: Rosie O’Donnell Reportedly Engaged to Worcester Police Girlfriend
- Worcester Police Investigate Suspicious Device on Dorchester Street