Man Robs Worcester Convenience Store
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
The suspect was described as approximately 5’10 inches tall with a large amount of acne on his face.
Following the robbery, the suspect ran toward Quinsigamond Community College, but could not be located.
The clerk in the store was not injured.
On Tuesday, February 14 at approximately 7:45 a.m., Worcester Police responded to a report of an armed robbery at 578 West Boylston Street (A1-Plus Convenience Store). Prior to arriving on scene, police were told that the suspect fled on foot in the direction of Quinsigamond Community College.
Once on scene, police spoke with the 20-year-old clerk at the store. Police were told that the clerk was standing next to the counter when a light skinned man with a scarf partially obstructing his face entered the store and approached the clerk. The suspect forced the clerk behind the counter and demanded that the clerk open the register. Once the register was open, the suspect attempted to grab money from the register, knocking the register to the floor in the process. The suspect grabbed a small amount of money as well as cigarettes before throwing the clerk onto the ground and fleeing the store. The suspect fled in the direction of Quinsigamond Community College. Police checked the area, but were unable to locate the suspect.
Police Asking for Help
Police are asking anyone with information about this incident can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday