Celtics Fall to Cleveland 109-99 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Sunday in Boston
Saturday, May 26, 2018
The Celtics fell 109-99 to the Cleveland Cavaliers in game six on Friday night, allowing the Cavs to tie the series at three and forcing a decisive game seven.
"I was proud of the way we fought back. Had a chance there to cut it to four on a shot. Didn't quite go down. But this group is resilient. We'll be ready on Sunday,” said Celtics head coach Brad Stevens in his post-game press conference.
Terry Rozier led Boston with 28 points, while Jaylen Brown followed up with 27 points.
LeBron James led all scorers with 46 points and 11 rebounds.
“Best player in the game. A special night tonight,” said Stevens after the game.
Celtics Rally Falls Short
After trailing by as much as 16 points in the second half, the Celtics rallied to cut Cleveland’s lead to seven, 89-82, with 8:47 to play.
Cleveland would extend the lead back up to nine, before the Celtics would get back to within seven again, 97-90, on a Jayson Tatum dunk with 4:27 to play in the game.
After the Cavs extended their lead back to nine, 101-92, on a dunk by Larry Nance Jr., the Celtics would get back to within seven on two different occasions.
Each time, James hit three-pointers on back-to-back possessions to give Cleveland a 107-96 lead with 1:40 to go to seal the win.
In the game, the Celtics missed nine free throws and turned the ball over 13 times.
They also allowed Cleveland to grab 15 offensive rebounds.
Game seven is set for Sunday, May 27 at 8:30 p.m. at TD Garden in Boston.
The Celtics have not lost a home game yet in the playoffs.
All-time, the Celtics are 20-4 in game sevens at home.
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Celtics Get Blown Out by Bucks in Game 3, 116-92
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Celtics Edge 76ers 114-112 in Game 5, Advance to Eastern Conference Finals
- Celtics Fall to 76ers 103-92 in Game 4
- Celtics Cruise Past Cleveland 108-83 in Game 1 of Eastern Conference Finals
- Five Reasons the Celtics Won Game #2 Against the Cavs and LeBron
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 116-86 in Game 3
- Horford’s Layup Lifts Celtics to 101-98 Win in Game 3
- Celtics Rally From 22 Points Down To Beat 76ers 108-103 in Game 2
- Smart Returns, Celtics Hold Off Bucks 92-87 in Game 5
- Celtics Fall to Bucks 97-86 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Saturday Night in Boston
- Celtics Beat Bucks 112-96 in Game 7
- Rozier & Tatum Lead Celtics Past 76ers 117-101 in Game 1
- Celtics Cruise Past Cleveland 96-83 in Game 5, Lead Series 3-2